Fall is here with us once more, and people will wish for spring before the long winter period ends. However, soup always makes everything better because apart from sprucing up your meals, it provides the much-needed warmth.
This article will highlight some vegan soups you can enjoy during this period like the butternut squash and cauliflower soup, creamy garlic cauliflower soup, and carrot pumpkin soup.
1. Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Soup
10 ml Oil
Pinch of salt
500ml low sodium vegetable broth
Diced butternut squash
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of black pepper
1 chopped onion
1. Pour the oil and add the garlic and onions. Allow them to cook in the inner part of the pot.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients into the pot apart from the coconut milk.
3. Cook on low heat for about five minutes.
4. Add in the coconut milk and mix the soup in a large blender until it turns creamy and smooth.
Because it’s a vegan and gluten-free soup, using coconut milk works better than dairy products. Also, you don’t need to worry about tasting the coconut milk in your soup.
2. Cauliflower and creamy roasted garlic soup
Winter couldn’t get better with soup. It’s not only simple to make, but it also packed with a burst of flavors. The soup offers an ultra-smooth texture with a deep rich garlic taste. Moreover, you make it with readily available ingredients such as broth, carrot, cauliflower, and garlic.
3.5 cups of broth
Crushed rosemary and thyme
4 ounces of diced cauliflower
2 peeled and chopped carrots
1 large diced onion
2 bulbs of garlic
Pepper and salt taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, the chop of the upper part of the garlic bulbs and wrap in a foil after drizzling some oil on top then roast for 35 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth, carrots and onion in a pot and cook for six minutes until soft.
3. Add the remaining broth, cauliflower, thyme and rosemary. Remove the roasted garlic from their husks and add into the pot.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes until the carrots and cauliflower become entirely tender and soft.
5. Pour the mixture into a blender until creamy and smooth, then season with pepper and salt.
3. Carrot pumpkin soup
This vegan soup offers not only a burst of flavors, but also the combo provides a fantastic taste that brings the soup to another level.
1 large diced onion
5 small carrots
1 small root of parsley chopped
1 cup of hopped pumpkins
3 cloves of minced garlic
10 ml of olive oil
Salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
0.5 cup of cream
Roasted sunflower seeds for garnishing
1. Over medium heat in a saucepan, heat oil then add the garlic, onions, and let them fry for 3 minutes. Add carrot, parsley root, pumpkin the cook for another 7 minutes while stirring slowly.
2. Add the mixed spices and vegetable stock then stir the mixture well. Reduce the heat then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the soup then blend until it smoothens. You can alternatively use a food processor.
4. Add cream then season with salt, chili and pepper to taste. Garnish with sunflower seeds then serve while hot.
Blogging about travel, beauty, finance, and cooking. Reading
IG name: Laiza Maketso