Updated: Mar 22
Pan-seared buttery garlic mushrooms are as versatile as you can serve them with almost all dishes. Have you ever imagined that you can enjoy mushrooms for breakfast, as a side dish with steak, pork roast with crackle, and roast chicken?
In addition, you can stuff the mushrooms inside a chicken and enjoy with garlic bread.
500 grams whole mushrooms (either brown or white)
Six cloves of garlic
Two tablespoons dry white wine
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp salted butter
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Pepper and salt to taste
1. In a large cooking pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil and 3 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat. Adding olive oil stops the butter from burning.
2. Add the onions and sauté in the oil for 3-4 minutes until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté well to coat them with the oil and butter mixture. Let them sit until they turn brown and crispy on the edges.
4. Pour in some wine and let it cook for around 2 minutes until it reduces.
5. Add the ground garlic and one tablespoon of parsley. Allow it to cook for 30 seconds.
6. Season generously with salt and pepper
7. Sprinkle the remaining parsley on the mushrooms and serve hot.